SmokePing keeps track of your network latency:
- Best of breed latency visualisation.
- Interactive graph explorer.
- Wide range of latency measurment plugins.
- Master/Slave System for distributed measurement.
- Highly configurable alerting system.
- Live Latency Charts with the most 'interesting' graphs.
- Free and OpenSource Software written in Perl written by Tobi Oetiker, the creator of MRTG and RRDtool
Upcoming Version 3
Work has started on making SmokePing work with Extopus as a frontend. This
work has been commissioned by CatchPoint. SmokePing version 3 will
use Extopus as its front end and focus its own activity on organizing the
data acquisition. SmokePing 3 development is happening on GitHub.
New in Version 2.6
- Added automake support for easy "configure, make install" installation
- fixed strftime bug when sending alert mails
New in Version 2.5
- Switched from SpeedyCGI to FastCGI
- DismanPing probe by Bill Fenner
- OpenSSHJunOSPing (Sponsoerd by Juniper)
- SIP Ping Probe (Sponsored by ANI Networks)
- Support alert patterns with upper AND lower limit: (>a<b)
- SmokeTrace removed. Check out remOcular.
- Updated Prototype and scriptaculous libraries
- ExpLoss matcher by Konoplev V.Konoplev
- Improved slave update performance